GIVE AWAY TIME!

Made myself a new dress, and I just don’t like the way it feels on me 😦

“A Verb For Keeping Warm” pattern, bias cut medium/heavy weight hemp dress, dyed with madder and decorated with walnut ink circles. No pockets. Size Large (armpit to armpit measurement is almost 22 inches).

Drawing will be on June 16th. Open to everybody in the world! Just leave a comment saying you are interested and I will add your name to the ‘hat’.

verb dress.JPGbackside verb.JPGdetail verb.JPGverb detail.JPG

Eco Print dresses for Jo and her dolly

Thought it would be fun to make Josephine and her doll dresses for her birthday. The doll made it there in time, the dresses were a bit late 😦

_DSC7545.jpg

photo by Lillian Short

Used a pattern called “Easy Peazy Pleats” by Olive Ann Designs.

The base fabric (cotton/hemp blend) was dyed with kamala, then overdyed with madder. I used mainly used guava leaves with some flowers in the ‘circles’ (the flowers did NOT turn out well) for the eco prints.

Originally I was going to stamp some bees on it too, with earth pigments….but ran out of time. So will save that idea for some bandanas I want to make.

Modified Dress

This is another take on Sew Liberated’s  Metamorphic Dress.

Again I used only the under dress (like I did for my give away dress). But sized down the top and narrowed the shoulders. Kept the skirt the same larger size, so there would be a bit more fullness. Added a bodice lining.

Much happier with this one! 🙂

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

White linen fabric dyed with weld. Over dyed with cochineal using ‘shibori’ resists.

Printed with Liquid Amber, guava and gingko leaves…..with a sprinkling of logwood and turmeric .

 

Precut fabric for Lilly…..

The thought is in the air for doing some collaborative projects….. with me dyeing the fabric and Lilly sewing it into one of a kind garments.

Here is a dress blank that I dyed for her, using a 100actsofsewing pattern. The photos are a bit ‘rough’ as I was trying to take photos quickly with a camera whose battery needed recharging (wanted to get the package in the mail today).

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

Amazing!

For as blah as I found my yarns, the shawl turned out beautifully! And it was the perfect quick project to ‘prime the pump’ and make me want to begin weaving again.

Yawn…. had set my alarm early, so that I could get up and do some pruning in the yard before the big red ants woke up. But then I woke up an hour and a half BEFORE my alarm went off! So it might be nap time now.

…… will have to find somebody cheap to haul off all of the bamboo I’ve been cutting out. It’s too expensive to keep it nice and green (since they tripled the water costs about 5 years ago)….. and it just seems like a fire hazard with how hot and windy it’s been here in Arizona!Image

A madder of interest…..

Or not.

I decided that it was time to begin weaving some of my natural dyed yarns. So I gathered them together and said….. “Blah”!!  Which surprised me, since as I was dyeing them I looked at each one with delight and happiness.

Oh well, I need to prime the pump and get back into weaving, so this is a good one to start with. I can always increase my color palette as the summer continues!