Lilly gave me several yards of raw silk for my birthday…. and I decided to try my hand at making the Folkwear Pattern for a Mexican Dress/Shirt. I bought the pattern several years ago and was waiting to get enough silk threads dyed to embroider one…. but that’s taking too long, so thought I’d try eco printing some fabric for it instead. I am glad I did. The shirt is a bit big and ‘sloppy’ looking on me….. but I figured out, while making this one, how I’d make future shirts that would be a bit more flattering.
Raw silk shibori dyed with madder…..over dyed with geranium, currant and purple carrots.