Not sure if the word ‘deconstructed’ is actually what I want to call it. ‘Decayed’ perhaps? Like a painted wall that has undergone weather and time….
I started out with weld, then over dyed with brazil wood (the last of my old old stash). And, as with all the things I have shibori dyed…. the two sides are different, even though I thought that I had folded them the same (in the future I will lay the pieces out side by side and fold them in unison).
Next I placed leaves on the top….. mostly cotinus, but with a large Japanese knot wood leaf in the center of the front top. I then liberally covered the tops sections with cotinus ‘fluff’ and the lower halves with tamarisk. Over all I placed rust cloths.
The top turned out like I had planned…. sort of. But the tamarisk did not. Had been going for the finer lines/dots that I have gotten in the past.
A nice dress to wear during pregnancy.
😦 BUT it seems to have gotten lost in the mail 😦 Along with Eleanor’s purple/coreopsis dress. I have a trace on the package…. and haven’t given up hope that it will arrive some day. But am sad at the moment.