Am a bit in limbo, between making my slip dresses and starting a project for Lilly’s magazine. So thought that I’d get some yarn dyed!
The first skein was out of some horsetail that I collected on my trip to Portland. Not a very bold color 🙂 But a nice pale peachy yellow that will blend in well with my other colors.
Then two skeins dyed with Saint John’s Wort…… love the shade of green I got from it! There are some small patches of red here and there amongst the green…. not enough to bother me.
Two skeins with Hibiscus.
And finally, tried to dye with eucalyptus leaves again. The first time I tried, a couple of years ago, I didn’t get anything spectacular. But am happy with this color. Picking all of the chopped up leaf pieces out of the yarn, the ones that wouldn’t shake out, isn’t going to be any fun though!
All of the colors look nice together. But then, most naturally dyed colors seem to blend together well in my opinion.
And finally…. a teaser. two pieces of raw silk that were dyed/eco printed in the left over Saint John’s Wort pot. The flowers are coreopsis from my garden.
Now….. back to my project for Lilly’s magazine!
Oh….. in case you missed her first issue, here is a link!