Amazing!

For as blah as I found my yarns, the shawl turned out beautifully! And it was the perfect quick project to ‘prime the pump’ and make me want to begin weaving again.

Yawn…. had set my alarm early, so that I could get up and do some pruning in the yard before the big red ants woke up. But then I woke up an hour and a half BEFORE my alarm went off! So it might be nap time now.

…… will have to find somebody cheap to haul off all of the bamboo I’ve been cutting out. It’s too expensive to keep it nice and green (since they tripled the water costs about 5 years ago)….. and it just seems like a fire hazard with how hot and windy it’s been here in Arizona!Image

A madder of interest…..

Or not.

I decided that it was time to begin weaving some of my natural dyed yarns. So I gathered them together and said….. “Blah”!!  Which surprised me, since as I was dyeing them I looked at each one with delight and happiness.

Oh well, I need to prime the pump and get back into weaving, so this is a good one to start with. I can always increase my color palette as the summer continues!

“Spawn”

A long time ago I started to make my daughter Lilly a quilt. It had alternating squares of handwoven fabric and squares of recycled old velvet and corduroy shirts. It looked pretty…. bright bold colors, mainly purples and oranges.

But I made one major mistake! The seams were much too narrow for handwoven fabric, which has a tendency to unravel. I couldn’t figure out what to do to remedy the problem. I finally tried to iron on interfacing to cover the seams….. and there it sits, to this day, languishing away.

A couple of weeks ago, when I started making Jeph an eco printed quilt….  some pieces I put together that didn’t really fit in with the rest. It was these pieces that ‘spawned’ the idea of a quilt for Lilly! To make up for the long ago birthday present she never got.

So “Happy Birthday”….. a decade late!! Image